[ABANDONED] J-Scope 7.54c use with J-link RTT client 7.54c error that kills gdb session

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Scope 7.54c use with J-link RTT client 7.54c error that kills gdb session

Hello guys!

We are also happy to see some news about J-scope. Such a great tool!
    We are used to use J-scope 611j RTT (it plots 6x int32_t @ 20kHz with "SEGGER_RTT_MODE_NO_BLOCK_SKIP" on channel 1) with J-link 631a RTT client (this terminal is used to display and received command on channel 0), gdb and dll and that was the only known combination that worked for us. Because of this only compatibility we couldn't update to a new j-link version otherwise J-scope wouldn't work anymore.

As we saw the new version 7.54c of all you program suite, we installed the new j-scope and j-link package.
    We've been really careful to uninstall previous version and we updated in our IDE the call for the new version of GDB supplied.

Unfortunately since the new version is installed, when both RTT client and j-scope are launched it works rarely and the whole session bug.
    That happens when I push play/stop in J-scope with RTT option.
    The screenshot of typical raised errors are attached, it says : J-link low on memory and communication timed out with mismatch of request and receive bytes

And sometimes I succeed to have both working, terminal and j-scope, but for no reason J-scope crashes and close with no information.
    It is linked to parallel use of the terminal and j-scope.
    Are you aware of that kind of issues?

We use J-link Ultra+ with a MKE16f512 Kinetis MCU from NXP and with MCUxpresso that launches SEGGER J-Link GDB Server.

Sincerely,
    Images
    • 2s.png

9.88 kB, 535×133, viewed 172 times
    • 1s.png

74.44 kB, 1,005×1,017, viewed 224 times
  • Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

We are not aware of such an issue. I will try to reproduce it and get back to you with my results.

Best regards
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

sorry for the delayed response, there were a lot of interrupts.

I tried to reproduce the issue, but am not sure that I have a complete picture of the setup you are using.

Would it be possible for you to provide the following?
    • The elf file
    • The code for the RTT initialization and usage
    • A detailed step-by-step reproduction guide
    • A short screen recording demonstrating the issue
    Parallel usage can be a complex issue for which we would need as much information as possible.

Best regards,
    Matthias
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.