[ABANDONED] JLINK plus not working with XMCFlasher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JLINK plus not working with XMCFlasher

Hello

I have purchased a JLINK plus compact having much hope that it would behave better that the cheaper Jlink OB found on XMCBootkit.
    After much trouble with the XMCBootkit , now I am facing new problems with the JLINK plus.

First : JLINK Plus does not connect with the target using XMC Flasher tool from Infineon.
    I know you will pass the problem on their side, but with XMCBootkit which has JLINK OB it can connect to the target.

Using Jlink.exe I can indeed connect to the target but I can not erase or halt or reset the target. With XMCFlasher I can.
  • First you write that with XMCFlasher and J-Link PLUS you cannot even connect.

Then you write that J-Link Commander connects but cannot reset, halt, … the target while XMCFlasher can.

One of these statements is incorrect…
    Which one?

Nnote that XMCFlasher is NOT a SEGGER utility but an Infineon utility. It may require the probe to report certain capabilities that are only repored by the OB because it is especially designed for Infineon eval boards anf XMCFlasher is especially designed to work with the J-Link OB on their kits.

As you already guessed, this is passed to Infineon and not a question for SEGGER.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello
    Thank you for your support.

Both statements are correct.
    Yes I wrote that with one hardware (JLINK Plus) and one software (XMCFlasher), I (or the JLINK) can not connect to target.

The same hardware and another software (JLink commander) can connect to target MCU.
    So the problem is the combination hardware - software.

The problem with the Jlink OB from the boot kit is that it has limited features : I can not get/set bmi with Jlink commander, and I was told to buy the full licensed Jlink.