[SOLVED] Jlink log file structure

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink log file structure

I have two XMC MCUs (XMC1302 and XMC1202) and I want to program them automatically.
    First I change BMI from ASC_BSL to SWD0, then I erase them and flash them.

Initially I have used the process exit code , but that was not relevant. I was getting exit code 0 even if there was a problem (could not erase, could not flash)
    So I have enabled log file and now I try to extract from it usefull informations that can tell me if the operation was done successfully.

What message should I search for, which can guarantee that erasing and flashing was done ?

For these two MCU's , the log file looks different , for erase command and for loadbin command.

For XMC1302 , in the log I get :
    T0340 000:254.002 JLINK_DownloadFile()
    ...... (many text strings)
    T0C14 000:403.358 JLINK_EndDownload()

For the other MCU I get

T0C14 000:259.369 JLINK_DownloadFile()
    ....(some text strings)
    T0C14 000:403.358 JLINK_EndDownload()
    .... (the rest of text strings)

[logs attached]

The log files do not seem respect the same structure every time.

Product = SEGGER J-Link Lite-XMC4200 V1.00
    Nickname =
    SN = 591141691
    USB = SN 591141691
    HostFW = 2019 Mar 1 11:28

EmuFW = 2019 Mar 1 11:28
  • Hi,

Log files do not have any documented structure / format. The format may change from one version to another, without further notice or even a release note entry.

The way to go is checking the return value of the application, not parsing the log file.
    Note that J-Link Commander is not designed for automation and production purposes.
    It is a utility for basic troubleshooting.
    You may automate things up to a certain extend though:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Commander#JLink.exe_return_value
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.