[SOLVED] JLink OB STM32F103 firmware upgrade needed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink OB STM32F103 firmware upgrade needed

Hello All,

I have 2 Jlink OB STM32F103 devices.

I have an issue with reading DBGMCU register of STM32H743VI. Found solution here forum.segger.com/index.php/Thr…ro-when-using-ETF-Trace/?

According to that page issue solved with update 6.70h . I have checked release notes and found that issue solved with update 6.72.

Unfortunately, This update does not contain Jlink OB STM32F103 devices.

Is there any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Savas
  • Hi,

Could you please let us know which eval board you are using?
    (Eval Board name and vendor name)

Can you please send us the serial numbers of your OBs? (Either post or PM is fine)
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alex,

It is a seperate small board, I bought it on the internet second hand and unfortunately there is no serial number on it. It is only written J-linkOB. As I see there is a STM32F103 microcontroller on it.

When I connect it to JLink here is the log that you can see SN.

Log:
    SEGGER J-Link Commander V7.54b (Compiled Sep 14 2021 16:13:05)
    DLL version V7.54b, compiled Sep 14 2021 16:11:46

Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    Firmware: J-Link ARM-OB STM32 compiled Aug 22 2012 19:52:04
    Hardware version: V7.00
    S/N: 20090928
    License(s): RDI,FlashDL,FlashBP,JFlash,GDB
    VTref=3.300V

Thank you
  • Hi,

This is not a genuine J-Link, but an illegal clone. These are excluded from any support and must not be used with the J-Link software (see license terms)

This thread will be closed and probably also deleted.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.