[SOLVED] No JLinkGDBServerCL console in Eclipse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] No JLinkGDBServerCL console in Eclipse

I used to see a console in Eclipse that showed all the JLink activity. Now it's gone. I'm using a PLUS Compact, the latest JLink Windows software, Eclipse 2019-06, Eclipse Embedded CDT with J-Link Debugging v 4.4.2.202010292017. I'm running a MAX32666 which is an M4. The toolchain is GNU Tools Arm Embedded 9 2019-q4-major.

From what I've gathered from Googling, I'm supposed to be able to see this console if I highlight JLinkGDBServerCL.exe in the Debug pane. It should show up as one of the available console in the Console pane. In the past, I had pulled it out into a separate pane, but there is no other Eclipse "View" that brings it up.

I've attached captures of my Eclipse debug configuration. Is there some other setting somewhere I'm missing? Or let's look at it this way: If one didn't want the console to exist, how would one disable it?
    Images
    • Debugger.PNG

144.57 kB, 878×738, viewed 514 times
    • Startup.PNG

104.64 kB, 883×739, viewed 325 times
  • Wrong forum.
    Neither Eclipse nor the GDBServer plugin in Eclipse are SEGGER products.
    This is more a question for an Eclipse forum.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • JLinkGDBServerCL.exe certainly is. Are you saying that Eclipse normally provides a console for any GDB server? Is "Eclipse Embedded CDT with J-Link Debugging v 4.4.2.202010292017" listed in my Help/About the plugin you're referring to, and is that the likely culprit? Whose product is that? It sounds J-Link specific, so I would have thought that would have been written by J-Link, not Eclipse.

Eclipse based IDEs are made of so many parts, it's hard for us users to know who's responsible for what parts.
  • Hi,

Yes, JLinkGDBServerCL.exe is a SEGGER application. It is a command line application. If you see a window or not or if stdout is forwarded to some Eclipse window is all Eclipse / plugin specific and out of our control.

This is the plugin you are using:
    eclipse-embed-cdt.github.io/debug/jlink/

If you scroll to the very bottom, you see that copyright is:
    "Liviu Ionescu and others."

Others is not SEGGER here :)

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.