[ABANDONED] trashed segger OB

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] trashed segger OB

I was working with a nordic 52840 dev card with segger OB debugger; until I think I may have trashed the devcard.

Segger OB nolonger appears to be listed under linux when I do a "lsusb"; rebooting linux or unplugging/plugging the devcard does not make devcard appear.

It is almost like I have trashed the FW for the segger OB itself; which should be not be possible when running commands that should only be relevant to the connected development processor the 52840 on the devcard.

I have been working on porting some manufacturing scripting I use from windows to linux. As part of this port I cannot use nrfjprog (nordic segger programmig utility) as this does not exist for linux; hence I added some segger scripting to try and do the eraseall of my 52840 via the debugger core of the 52840 DAP CTRL_AP, CTRL_DP. After I did this the memory regions appeared erased.

But now the next day I try and access the JLinkExe says it cannot connect to the debugger; an as said the debugger is not listed under lsusb.

Anyone any ideas?
    Is it possible to recover reload the Segger OB firmware?
    I have visions of repeating this mistake with other units.....

All the best,
    Owain
  • Hi Owain,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    We have no other report about such a behavior.

From your explanation I assume that the connection to the J-Link OB did work on the same Linux machine before, correct?

Could you please follow the troubleshooting article on the page linked below?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…the_CPU#J-Link_connection
    Is the J-Link OB still recognized on a Windows machine?
    Does the J-Link LED on the board flash or light up when connected via USB?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.