[ABANDONED] No output from JLinkRTTLogger after initial connection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] No output from JLinkRTTLogger after initial connection

I have had JLink working fine on my old computer, but I have recently installed JLink etc on my new computer and when I connect to JLinkRTTLogger, I can see some old logs initially but when I reset the connected device, no logs appear. The same issue happens with JLinkRTTViewer.
    Here is my process:

1) Connect to the device:

Shell-Script

1. JLinkRTTLogger -Device NRF52832_XXAA -If SWD -Speed 4000 -RTTChannel 0 /dev/stdout

2) Device connects:

Shell-Script

1. SEGGER J-Link RTT Logger
    2. Compiled Aug 17 2021 17:17:05
    3. (c) 2016-2017 SEGGER Microcontroller GmbH, www.segger.com
    4. Solutions for real time microcontroller applications
    5. Default logfile path: ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------
    6. Connected to:
    7. J-Link V11 compiled Aug 10 2021 11:18:05
    8. S/N: 261004920
    9. Searching for RTT Control Block...OK. 3 up-channels found.
    10. RTT Channel description:
    11. Index: 0
    12. Name:
    13. Terminal Size: 1024 bytes.
    14. Output file: /dev/stdout
    15. Getting RTT data from target. Press any key to quit.
    16. ------------------------------------------------------------
    17. Loading zero value from storage: 603
    Display All

As you can see, the first log is loaded (Loading zero value from storage: 603). The issue is that when I restart the connected device on my new computer like this:
    nrfjprog --reset -f nrf52

I do not see any log output, whereas if I do this exact process on my old computer, I do see log output.

The only difference between the computers that I can think of is that I installed the JLink tools quite a while back for the one that works. My new computer has the latest JLink tools. Perhaps a new version is causing a difference here?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that nrfjprog is not a SEGGER tool, but developed by Nordic.
    You would have to contact Nordic regarding this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please check the RTT Tab of the J-Link Web control panel (localhost:19080)?
    It should show if the RTT Control block is actually found and should also show if data is read.

So far we are not able to reproduce this issue on our side.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.