[SOLVED] j-Flash SPI does not fully release SPI channel @ Disconnect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] j-Flash SPI does not fully release SPI channel @ Disconnect

Hi,
    I am using J-Flash SPI to program an external flash in my target system.
    Programming is done as direct programming, via j-Link Pro (version 4.3) through SPI and keeping the target MCU reset by nRESET.

When J-Flash disconnect from the SPI, nRESET is released and my MCU starts executing.
    So far everything is working like a charm, but when my MCU try to communicate to the flash it fails.

I have measured on the signals, and it shows a conflict on MOSI signal.
    It appears that j-Flash does not tri-state "DI" (MOSI) when disconnecting from the SPI.

Is this a bug or as intended by j-Flash?
    If it is intended, would it be possible eg. to manipulate the port setting via Exit Step?

Thanks and regards
    Kaj
  • Hello Kaj,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Is J-Flash SPI disconnected after Flashing or is the connection still enabled?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I just noticed that you started the same inquiry in parallel via our support system.
    To avoid lost information between the channels this thread will be closed now.

For future inquiries please try to stick to one contact channel.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.