[SOLVED] Go to Definition/Declaration won't work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Go to Definition/Declaration won't work

Hi everyone,

I've been using SES for almost a year now to develop fw for Nordic mcus.
    On the last 4 months or so, I created a new project all was fine and dandy but last week the go to declaration and go to definition options stopped working, I get “symbol not found” and “Can’t read file”.
    The project compiles and works, I’ve included all the files on User Included Directories as it should.

On code outline window doesn’t show anything. This only happens on this project, and on other projects everything is ok.

I’m using git, and this seemed to happen on a couple of merges on where the .emSession and .emProject were updated. On my colleague SES, everything works, but not on mine.

Any idea of what’s happening?

Thanks,

Jorge A.
  • Not sure if your issue is the same as mine, but I also ran into this same problem in my project. The solution for me was to first select the entire symbol with the mouse, then right-click and select [go to definition] and it works.
  • Hi All,

I am using SES v5.60 and face the same problem. If I right click for Goto declration, it works ok. If I click Goto definition, it shows symbol not found.

Another problem, I guess it is related to this one, it's difficult to debug. In some functions I can step over or step into, but most of them not, I am getting assembler. If I set a breakpoint somewhere in the code where these two function are not able to step, it breaks on.

I guess it's related to indexing of the symbols. I dont know how to trigger indexing refresh?

Any advise is appreciated.

Best regards,
    peter
  • Hello,

Such an issue is not known to us.
    In all our test setups goto definition/declaration work as expected.
    Could you provide a simple example project for reproduction?

ppedro wrote:

Another problem, I guess it is related to this one, it's difficult to debug. In some functions I can step over or step into, but most of them not, I am getting assembler. If I set a breakpoint somewhere in the code where these two function are not able to step, it breaks on.
    If there is no source file or symbol information in the elf file you will get only the disassembly.

ppedro wrote:

I guess it's related to indexing of the symbols. I dont know how to trigger indexing refresh?
    The indexer will refresh automatically when there have been changes. So right now I assume it is due to usage error.
    But you can refresh the indexer manually via View->Source Navigator->Press the Refresh button.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

thanx for your feedback. I opened the Source navigator but I cant find a refresh button there. refer to the attached screenshot. Can you help me, please?

Thanx.
    Best regards,
    peter
    Images
    • Source_navigator.png

9.07 kB, 314×323, viewed 208 times
  • Hello Peter,

you need to widen the Source Navigator window. See attached picture.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

8.47 kB, 524×159, viewed 210 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.