[SOLVED]Remote 'g' packet reply is too long with "SEGGER J-Link GDB Server V4.25g (beta)" and "CodeSourcery G++ Lite 2010.09-51"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alex, I compiled 2011.03-42 for OS X the other day and got it working perfectly; the stable version prior had the bug with reply packet too long.

It is indeed not a GDBServer problem.

Speaking of GDBServer on Linux though, are there any plans to remove the forced "localhost only" mode on it? It currently only listens to packets with 127.0.0.1 as destination and hence a lot of iptables configuration is needed to get it working correctly; it's also many versions behind the Windows one.

Also, do you think you might ever release OS X binaries of GDBServer? That would be a dream come true to be more cross-platform and I wouldn't need to run a separate VMWare image JUST for GDBserver ... shouldn't be too much harder than the Linux one; libusb and all those are still the same.
  • Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Seems this painful problem has been finally solved.

Speaking of GDBServer on Linux though, are there any plans to remove the forced "localhost only" mode on it?
    It currently only listens to packets with 127.0.0.1 as destination and hence a lot of iptables configuration is needed to get it working correctly;

We will check this and correct it, if necessary.

it's also many versions behind the Windows one.

Please understand that we can not always hold the Linux version on the same level as the windows version,
    but the current version (V4.30) is more or less identical to the current Windows version.

Also, do you think you might ever release OS X binaries of GDBServer? That would be a dream come true to be
    more cross-platform and I wouldn't need to run a separate VMWare image JUST for GDBserver ...
    shouldn't be too much harder than the Linux one; libusb and all those are still the same.

Indeed there are plans for releasing a MAC OS X version of the J-Link software, but please understand that
    at this point I can not make any promises regarding the roadmap / timeline for this project.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.