[ABANDONED] Embedded Studio doesn't save updates to project

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Embedded Studio doesn't save updates to project

I've just started using Embedded Studio for a Nordic Semi project. I've created a new project in it's own directory. I noticed yesterday that while main.c gets saved, and will still be there when Embedded Studio is closed and reopened, other directories I've created, files in those directories, and changes to paths I've added to the user include directories all disappear. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I click Save All before I shut down each time. Thanks.

Lee
  • Hello Lee,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us. Everything you edit and save should stay that way after closing Embedded Studio and then reloading the project.
    Which version of Embedded Studio are you using?
    Do you see the same behaviour with the latest version?
    If yes, could you provide a small and simple example project for reproduction + reproduction steps?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

I'm working with the following version of Embedded Studio:
    SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM
    Release 5.42a Build 2021040600.45790
    Windows x64
    Non-Commercial license

I think this is the latest version. I installed it not long ago.
    What files would I need to send you to send the project?

Regards,
    Lee
  • Hello Lee,

The latest version is V5.60. Could you try that one?
    segger.com/downloads/embedded-studio/

For reproduction we would need your complete project folder.
    From your description it sounds like this would happen to any project. So the default Hello World project would be sufficient.
    We just need the project and step by step instructions on how the reproduce the behaviour you are seeing.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Nino,

I tried again with the latest version and got the same result. I've attached the zip of my project files. As an experiment I tried adding the folder Board Definition to the project and saved it. On reopening Embedded Studio the new folder wasn't present. I originally had added both folders and files, plus user include directory paths in the Preprocessor selection. The project compiled, but the additions disappeared when I restarted Studio.

Regards,
    Lee
    Files
  • Hello Lee,

unfortunately the project does not open due to missing Nordic SDK projects.
    See error message attached.
    Could you provide a reproduction project without external dependencies?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

20.49 kB, 1,234×197, viewed 190 times