[ABANDONED] Some keyboard shortcuts aren't working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Some keyboard shortcuts aren't working

I'm having an issue where some keyboard shortcuts simply don't do anything. In particular, Alt+U is the command I'm having trouble with. On my laptop pressing Alt+U works just fine, but on my desktop I press those keys and nothing happens. I can see Search->Find Extras->Find in Solution (Alt+U) in the dropdown menus. I have tried this with several versions of SES, and on my desktop that shortcut is always broken.

Is there a way to fix this?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    From the problem description it sounds like the keystrokes are for some reason not reaching Embedded Studio.
    So they are most likely either blocked/rerouted by the host OS or keyboard driver.
    Please understand that that is software that we do not have any control about.

We recommend to follow the keyboard troubleshooting for your host OS e.g. which keyboard layout is used, are any custom drivers used etc?
    Because there must be some difference to the laptop you are using.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thank you for your reply.

I am not running any custom keyboard drivers, I am using a QWERTY layout on both devices, my current drivers are up-to-date and Windows troubleshooting found no issues with my keyboard.

I can do many other Embedded Studio shortcuts and I can even navigate the dropdown menus using just the keyboard, so I'm confident that the keystrokes are reaching Embedded Studio.

I'm especially concerned because the "Find in Files" command doesn't work at all! Even when I use the mouse. I will get the popup window to search for a text string, but clicking on search does nothing.
  • Hello,

Could you provide a short clip which shows what you are doing with step by step instructions how the recreate the behaviour?
    We need to be able to recreate the issues you are seeing reliably, otherwise there is not much we can do here.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I can't provide a clip, but I can provide step by step instructions.

First, to demonstrate that my keyboard works and that some shortcuts do work:
    1. Use cursor to select/highlight a short segment of text
    2. Press and hold left Ctrl button
    3. Press F button
    4. Release both buttons
    5. Navigate instances of the found string using cursor

Alternatively, I can also:
    1. Press and hold left Alt button
    2. Press S button
    3. Press F button
    4. Use cursor to navigate instances of the found string

This lets me use the "Find..." search feature. This works for me.

Next, I will show the steps of several methods I follow to try and use the "Find in Solution" search feature
    2. Press and hold left Alt button
    3. Press U button
    4. Release both buttons
    5. Nothing happens

2. Use cursor to open "Search" dropdown menu
    3. Use cursor to navigate to and select Search->Find Extras->Find in Solution
    4. Nothing happens

2. Press and hold left Alt button
    3. Press S button
    4. Press D button
    5. Press S button
    6. Nothing happens
    Images
    • 1.png

46.16 kB, 829×380, viewed 195 times
    • 2.png

35.45 kB, 699×287, viewed 188 times