[SOLVED] Assembler listing output

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Assembler listing output

Is there any way to make the address information appear in the Assembler listing file generated when a project is built? Currently what I'm seeing in the assembler listing file is only what seems like a byte index and the instruction, beside of course the assembly codes.

The .elf file which is also generated provides both the assembly listing AND the addresses, however I found that this is only true when the codes resides in flash, when I relocated a part of the codes to SRAM that part of the codes is not shown in the .elf file, which makes sense since the /elf file is intended for flash programming.

In another project where I'm using the Atmel/Microchip Studio IDE the generated assembler listing file provides the complete addresses, even when the codes resides in SRAM. So I thought SES should be able to do that as well, and I may just be missing a compiler option or something.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Embedded Studio comes with the standard gcc assembler. If you enable assembler listing in project options it will be alled with the following listing option:
    -aln="Listing_Filepath"

If you require a different type of listing you can set them in project option "Additional Assembler Options".
    gcc assembler documentation can be found here:
    ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/Manuals/gas-2.9.1/html_chapter/as_2.html
    So if you use the same assembler options like Atmel Studio you should get the same output format.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.