[SOLVED] Using SEGGER apps within testing framework

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using SEGGER apps within testing framework

Hi all -

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question.

I've been assigned with creating a test framework to validate various functions of a device. The decision was made to use Python and PyTest for this; the goal is to have a turnkey script that runs all tests and delivers a report.

I'm relatively new to the SEGGER apps (I once worked with SEGGER a long time ago, but a lot has changed). I've been experimenting with JLink and SWOViewerCL. I think these will work, but have a few questions:

1. With JLink, is it somehow possible to specify multiple commander scripts? Someone had the idea of modularizing the tests, so we'd need to call several in order.
    2. If the answer to 1 is "no," is there a different (script-driven) app I might try? I didn't see anything promising, but I might have missed something.
    3. Is there a page somewhere that lists all the command-line options for SWOViewerCL? I'd like to find out how to specify the channel to monitor (0-9,a-f) from a script

I hope these make sense; I'm still feeling my way through all this stuff. I am impressed with SEGGER, though...they've come a long way since I last used them some 20 years ago.

Thanks...

mz

EDIT: I found the answer to #3 in the Wiki.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mzimmers ().