[SOLVED] Jlink commander scripting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink commander scripting

Hi all,
    I have to write some initialization data on a nvm memory that accepts only 32bit writes.
    After each write I have to wait for a certain register to be set to confirm that the write was correct.
    A couple of questions here:
    1) Is possibile to use if..else statements in jlink commander scripts?
    2) is it possible to read data from a file (bin, hex, whatever) in chunks of 4 bytes to loop over a big file?

If not possible, how could we do that using jlink tool?
    We have (many) jlink plus AND jlink pro that we can use if this makes any difference.

K.R.
    LT
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the delay in response.

The recommended solution would be to acquire the J-Link SDK.
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/
    With the J-Link SDK you could write your own application/python script controlling the J-Link directly.

You could also control the J-Link Commander stdin and stdout via e.g. a python script (using the subprocess class).
    That way you could implement loops, writes, etc.
    You could control the J-Link Commander via stdin, and read/parse the results via stdout.

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Fabian,
    I just saw your reply.

Buying the SDK is my last option - we need to understand if four our purposes the SDK is worth the effort. Not really a topic of money for purchasing rather than maintaining the code written with the SDK and share it internally.. it could rapidly grow into something we dont want to handle or maintain, since the tool would only be used in a small number of r&d projects.

The second option, control commander's stdin and stdout via python, is something that I'll investigate. Still the issue of maintaining the code in our repository, but with unexpensive tools.

Thanks and K.R.

LT.
  • Hi LT,

catosh wrote:

Still the issue of maintaining the code in our repository
    This would also be the case when using a commander script, wouldn't it?

Either way, I am sure that you will find a way that will suite your project.

Do you have any more questions? Otherwise I would close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.