[SOLVED] J-Scope crash on device selection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope crash on device selection

Hi,

I'm using J-Link V7.50 with LPCXpresso4367 board.

I've tried both 5.10 and 6.11, both of them crashes on clicking the "..." button for device selection.

Is J-Scope deprecated ?
  • Hello,

please note that V5.10 and V6.11 are outdated versions of J-Scope.
    J-Scope has been reworked and is now a part of the "J-Link Software and Documentation Pack":
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack

Could you give the reworked version of J-Scope a try (V7.52a)?

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I tried the new J-Scope V7.52a, I still have some issues:

1. J-Scope crashs trying to add new symbol with the "+" button.
    2. With RTT selected, start button is not clickable, it's not usable at all.
    3. In ELF selection dialog, file extension is restricted to .elf, but IAR use .out as default extension, it's not very practical.
    Images
    • 1.png

4.34 kB, 280×135, viewed 294 times
  • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
    We will look into 1-3)
    I can see that limiting it to *.elf is too restrictive.

BR
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

issues 2 & 3 should be fixed now and will be included in the next release of the J-Link software package.

Could you send us the ELF file and Project file for issue 1?

Best regards,
    Matthias

• Hi,
    We resolved a couple of issues (including crashes).

Some will be included in the next patched release planned for sometime next week.

Could you please give that version a try?

Best regards,
    Fabian