[SOLVED] Having trouble applying a patch for integrating SystemView to trace RTOS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Having trouble applying a patch for integrating SystemView to trace RTOS

I'm following this wiki to integrate SystemView into my application for tracing RTOS.

I put the patch file inside freertos/source directory, and running the patch command results in the following:

patch -p1 -r . < FreeRTOS_10_4_3.patch

can't find file to patch at input line 4
    Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |diff -rupN org/config/FreeRTOSConfig.h new/config/FreeRTOSConfig.h
    |--- org/config/FreeRTOSConfig.h 2020-12-15 19:53:08.000000000 +0100
    |+++ new/config/FreeRTOSConfig.h 2021-03-10 13:28:14.645130255 +0100

Also to confirm, the SystemView source files being referred to in the Wiki page include SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h & SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.c, yes?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Most likely the patch file does not fit the folder structure used in your project. In that case we recommend to patch manually without a patching tool.
    There are not that many changes necessary.

faulkner wrote:

Also to confirm, the SystemView source files being referred to in the Wiki page include SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h & SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.c, yes?
    Yes.
    See the example project for reference.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.