[SOLVED] Ozone 3.24b compatibility with JLink remote server

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone 3.24b compatibility with JLink remote server

How to know which version of JLink remote server is compatible with Ozone?

I'm using Ozone 3.24b.

The Ozone release notes say the version 3.24 now uses J-Link library 7.22a, but now there is a 7.22b and 7.25. So how to know which one to use?

I have 3 remote PCs and 7 J-Links. The remote PCs are currently running Jlink software 7.20.

If I move to Ozone 3.24b does it mean I need to update all 3 PCs to newer JLink software?

Does it also mean I need to update the firmware on all 7 of my J-Link Pro?

When I connected Ozone 3.24b to a J-Link Pro v5.0 it did not try to update the firmware from Apr 27 version. But when I tried to connect Ozone 3.24b to a J-Link 4 with Apr 27 firmware, it tried to update it, but somehow failed and now it is in bootloader mode. So now I need to go to the lab (I work remote) to unplug the JLink Pro and recover it.

Would be nice if I could use newer version of Ozone (requires changing central linux server only 1 time) and keep using existing version of J-Link software on Windows PC, otherwise I have to update 3 Windows PCs and 7 J-Links every time I change Ozone version.

So I would like some guidance on Ozone compatibility with remote J-Link server on Windows and firmware on J-Link pro v4 and v5.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally we recommend to keep the versions in sync when possible.
    However we always try to keep things backwards compatible so a new Client version should always work with an older J-Link DLL.
    It also works the other way around if no new major features have been added to the server (see release notes).

rbresalier wrote:

Would be nice if I could use newer version of Ozone (requires changing central linux server only 1 time) and keep using existing version of J-Link software on Windows PC, otherwise I have to update 3 Windows PCs and 7 J-Links every time I change Ozone version.
    As explained above this should work without any issues as Ozone is the client side.

rbresalier wrote:

When I connected Ozone 3.24b to a J-Link Pro v5.0 it did not try to update the firmware from Apr 27 version. But when I tried to connect Ozone 3.24b to a J-Link 4 with Apr 27 firmware, it tried to update it, but somehow failed and now it is in bootloader mode. So now I need to go to the lab (I work remote) to unplug the JLink Pro and recover it.
    That issue is not known to us.
    Should it be reproducible feel free to open a J-Link support ticket as explained in my signature.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.