[SOLVED] Code Composer Studio and LAUNCHXL CC2640R2 over cJTAG

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Code Composer Studio and LAUNCHXL CC2640R2 over cJTAG

Hello,

I want to change the programmer in my CCS project from the default XDS1110 programmer to Jlink-Base programmer. The reason is, I want to use Jlink RTT Viewer to debug my application. To do this I changed the targetConfigs/CC2640R2F.ccxml in my CCS project to use the Jlink-Base programmer.
    Unfortunately I cannot use full JTAG interface because our final product only hast cJTAG interface. Therefore I need to do this over cJtag.

I connected the LaunchXL Board in the following way. Jumper Configuration is also the same.

[img='https://e2e.ti.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/538/pastedimage1625226870285v1.png',none,285][/img]

My targetConfigs/CC2640R2F.ccxml looks like this:

XML Source Code

1. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    2. <configurations XML_version="1.2" id="configurations_0">
    3. <configuration XML_version="1.2" id="SEGGER J-Link Emulator_0">
    4. <instance XML_version="1.2" desc="SEGGER J-Link Emulator_0" href="connections/segger_j-link_connection.xml" id="SEGGER J-Link Emulator_0" xml="segger_j-link_connection.xml" xmlpath="connections"/>
    5. <connection XML_version="1.2" id="SEGGER J-Link Emulator_0">
    6. <instance XML_version="1.2" href="drivers/JLINKicepick_c.xml" id="drivers" xml="JLINKicepick_c.xml" xmlpath="drivers"/>
    7. <instance XML_version="1.2" href="drivers/jlinkcs_dap.xml" id="drivers" xml="jlinkcs_dap.xml" xmlpath="drivers"/>
    8. <instance XML_version="1.2" href="drivers/jlinkcortexm3.xml" id="drivers" xml="jlinkcortexm3.xml" xmlpath="drivers"/>
    9. <platform XML_version="1.2" id="platform_0">
    10. <instance XML_version="1.2" desc="CC2640R2F_0" href="devices/cc2640r2f.xml" id="CC2640R2F_0" xml="cc2640r2f.xml" xmlpath="devices"/>
    11. <device HW_revision="1" XML_version="1.2" description="SimpleLink(TM) Bluetooth(R) low energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU" id="CC2640R2F_0" partnum="CC2640R2F" simulation="no">
    12. <router HW_revision="1.0" XML_version="1.2" description="ICEPick_C Router" id="IcePick_C_0" isa="ICEPICK_C">
    13. <subpath id="subpath_0">
    14. <router HW_revision="1.0" XML_version="1.2" description="CS_DAP Router" id="CS_DAP_0" isa="CS_DAP">
    15. <subpath id="subpath_1">
    16. <cpu HW_revision="1.0" XML_version="1.2" description="Cortex_M3 CPU" deviceSim="false" id="Cortex_M3_0" isa="Cortex_M3">
    17. <property Type="choicelist" Value="2" id="Target Interface Type"/>
    18. <property Type="filepathfield" Value="" id="J-Link Scriptfile Path"/>
    19. </cpu>
    20. </subpath>
    21. </router>
    22. </subpath>
    23. </router>
    24. </device>
    25. </platform>
    26. </connection>
    27. </configuration>
    28. </configurations>
    Display All

The Problem I am facing is that my Application does not run when using Jlink-Base Debugger over cJTAG with the CCS Debugging Mode and RTT Viewer.

I tested multiple configurations with my Application Code Base:

• CCS Debugging with onboard XDS110 Debugger over JTAG -> no issue, but no RTT View
    • manual reset and only use RTT Viewer with Jlink Debugger -> no issues and RTT Viewer works
    • CCS Debugging with Jlink Debugger -> does not start the Bluetooth Task
    • CCS Debugging with Jlink Debugger and TI ProjectZero Application -> no issues
    I also noticed when starting the Application with the following Jlink Commander Script it does not work. BUT it works when I manually enter "r" and "go" after the script finishes. Also sleep commands did not improve the script.

Source Code

1. device CC2640R2F
    2. si cJTAG
    3. jtagconf -1, -1
    4. speed 4000
    5. connect
    6. loadbin cc2640r2lp_app.hex,0x0
    7. r
    8. go
    Now I do not know where to look for. It seems like it is related to my Application, because the ProjectZero Application works. On the other hand it also seems like it is related to CCS+Jlink because it works with XDS110 Debugger and it works with Jlink Commander in manual mode.

I already started a thread in TI Forum. They said I should look here for help.

Do you know how I could get my Application to work with CCS and cJTAG?

regards
    Alex
    Images
    • pastedimage1625226870285v1.png

825.9 kB, 502×838, viewed 341 times
  • As you have also contacted us via the support ticket system, we will close this thread, to keep it to 1 channel.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.