Screen transition very slow when jpeg IMAGE is used as a background for the screen.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Screen transition very slow when jpeg IMAGE is used as a background for the screen.

Hi,

I have created around 5 screens with Appwizard. I have added the jpeg image as the background for the screens. When I transition between the screens, the first few times it seems to be ok. But after couple of transitions the switching of screens is very slow.
      I have even tried to change the image format from Auto to M8888I as my Appwizard project settings is 32bit,GUICC_M8888I.
      But still the screen transition is visible. How to improve the performance.
      Any help on this is highly appreciated.
      Thanks.
    • Hi,

Did you select "Set bitmap" instead of "Set JPEG" in the properties of the Image object? This would ensure a better performance than displaying the image in the JPEG format, since JPEGs are decoded during runtime each time they are drawn.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It looks comparatively better now. Will test further on this and update you.
      Also, I would like to know how to set common background image for all screens in Appwizard instead of setting it in each screen.

Thanks for your time and help.