[ABANDONED] jlink reset TRCENA in disconnect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] jlink reset TRCENA in disconnect

i use the DWT in a STM32F103 Programm and set

SCB_DEMCR |= SBC_DEMCR_TRCENA;

when i attach jlink in Embedded Studion i have no Problems, but when i disconnect jlink, then Embedded Studio clear this bit. What can i do?
    I have testet "additional J-Link Options" with "SetDbgPowerDownOnClose=0" this help not.

Thanks
    Jürgen Liegner

The post was edited 1 time, last by temp ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What exactly are you planning to do?
    Usually target application code should not need to access debug registers.
    If you now change the debug register settings behind Embedded Studios back it is possible that they may be restored to an unexpected value.

If you are planning to use ITM features, do that via the debug software, in this case Embedded Studio to avoid such issues.
    Here is a guide if you plan on using SWO:
    wiki.segger.com/Configure_SWO_in_Embedded_Studio

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for your reply.

I only want to use the free running DWT_CYCCNT because the stm32F103 does not have a 32-bit timer. Unfortunately, this counter does not continue to run after the jlink-disconnetion, because the SBC_DEMCR_TRCENA bit is reset.