Rotating a character in emWin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rotating a character in emWin

Hello everyone,
      In API there is a function which called GUI_DispStringInRectEx().
      This function can rotate whole string as we know.
      But in my project I want to do the rotation operation with "GUI_DispCharAt()" function.
      As far as I understood and examined the internal parts of the software, the "GUI Disp String" function in question takes a certain region on the screen and rotates it. Then again, a "string" print function is called inside.I want to adapt it to the DisplayCharAt function and just want this function to automatically rotate every Char I throw into it after giving "x and y coordinate" information.For example:GUI_DispCharAt_wrapper(char, x, y){//Rotate the rectangle or the "char" itself.}Is there any way to do that task or basically can I go further with _SetRotation?
    • Hi,

There is no routine to display a single char rotated, so I think a wrapper function would be best, as you already suggested. The wrapper function would only have to copy the char itself and a terminating zero into a char array, which could then be used by GUI_DispStringInRectEx().

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.