[SOLVED] Unable to load program on app core nRF53 in v7.20 and above

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Unable to load program on app core nRF53 in v7.20 and above

Hello, I was using 7.00 version with my nRF53 but after updating to the latest version, I found that cannot load program using loadbin, loadfile commands anymore. After trying out various versions and going through the release notes, I found this in release notes of Version V7.20 (2021-04-28):
    J-Link OB K22 NordicSemi
    Drag & drop programming of APP core did not work on nRF53-DK and nRF53-PDK. Fixed.

Now it is this very version onwards that I am running into the following problem when trying to load a program on the app core:

****** Error: Timeout while restoring target, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0xFFFFFFFF, CPSR = 0xFFFFFFFF, LR = 0x01000003)!
    Failed to restore target. RAMCode never stops
    Timeout while calculating CRC, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0xFFFFFFFF, CPSR = 0xFFFFFFFF, LR = 0x21000003)!Timeout while erasing sectors, RAMCode did not respond in time. (PC = 0xFFFFFFFF, CPSR = 0xFFFFFFFF, LR = 0x81000003)!
    Failed to erase sectors.

I am still able to program the network core in this version. Hope you can help me navigate this issue. I have also tried to reset the core and retry loadbin/loadfile commands without any avail. Thank you.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    There is no such issue known to us.

We will try to reproduce this next week and if we can, fix it as soon as possible.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

We are able to reproduce this issue and are currently looking into it.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.