[SOLVED] Flashing through VS Code?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Flashing through VS Code?

I'm trying to find information on how to flash an MCU with a J-Link through Visual Studio Code. All I seem to be able to find is information regarding debugging through J-Link.

I've followed the instructions in the SEGGER wiki for setting up debugging, and all is well there. However, VS Code's "Run Without Debugging (CTRL-F5)" command seems to run my program in the same way that "Start Debugging" does, in that the debugger opens and the program halts at the start of main().

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!
  • What exactly is the question?
    When starting a debug session, J-Link takes care of the potentially required flash programming automatically.
    If you are looking for a stand-alone flash programming solution, I doubt that VSCode is the way to go.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.