Cannot step/resume on sw bkpt , Cortex-R4/5, TMS570

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cannot step/resume on sw bkpt , Cortex-R4/5, TMS570

Using J-Trace Cortex, TMS570LS12x chip, CCS IDE v10.3.

If debugger injects a Sw bkpkt, then it is no longer possible to resume/step the code, either C statement or ASM. This is in CCS.
      Once this happens, the CCS

Looking at asm, for e.g:

Source Code

1. E1200070 bkpt #0
      2. 00010f04: E3A00000 mov r0, #0
      3. 00010f08: E58D0000 str r0, [r13]

So the CPU is stuck at line 1, and ASM step doens't work. Further, debugger/ide fails to read bunch of registers from that point, SP, CP, SPSR.

Source Code

1. ortexR4: Trouble Reading Register PC: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency
      2. CortexR4: Trouble Reading Register CPSR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency: second loop count is less than first one! (0<=0)
      3. CortexR4: Trouble Reading Register CPSR: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency
      4. CortexR4: Trouble Reading Register SP: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency: second loop count is less than first one! (0<=0)
      5. CortexR4: Trouble Reading Register SP: Failed to measure CPU clock frequency
      Moving PC manually, i.e. setnextline , or move to line, by setting to line 2 in asm above, resumes the code.

So, is J-Link/J-Trace 's settings somehow clash with software break points here? I don't get seems this stuck behaviour on same code with an XDS debug probe.
    • I sort of, found it: if you start JLinkExe, then connect to JLink through the webserver, you can find option "Flash breakpoints" : Auto, On, Off. Setting this to off, may appear to work on 'fresh' load - load program & symbols - but, it doesn't seem to work if you do just symbols only : always get the sw/flash break points then ...