[ABANDONED] Reload application dialog box suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Reload application dialog box suggestion

With the current round of debugging I like to be able to control if I want to reload or not I do not have the reload be automatic.

It would be cool if the focus was given to the yes button so a user can just hit enter for yes, or left arrow; enter for no.

Anything to reduce the number of times you need to move my hand to the mouse is appreciated.

[img]blob:https://forum.segger.com/f00f55b2-c45d-4b67-becd-cf1ce5c3d1fd[/img]

for reference, Big Sur, V3.22d (V3.22e is not usable on Big Sur)
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The focus should be on the yes by default.
    Could you reupload your picture? It did not seem to have worked the first time.

TxCodeMonkey wrote:

for reference, Big Sur, V3.22d (V3.22e is not usable on Big Sur)
    How so? We have many customers using V3.22e on big sur. What is not working?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I can confirm this is the case on Mac OS Big Sur, at least on Ozone v3.22b.
    When the dialog box pops up ("The program file has been modified..."), none of the buttons are highlighted. See the first screen shot attached.

Clicking the Yes buttons works as expected.

The only way to give focus to the dialog box is to click somewhere besides the buttons inside the dialog box or its title bar. I've tried many key combinations, but only clicking seems to work. Please advise if there is a special key combination to bring focus to the dialog box.

Once the dialog box has been clicked, then the "Yes" button is highlighted in blue. See the second screen shot attached.

But pressing Enter or Return does not work even when the dialog box is in focus. I've tried Fn+Enter, Fn+Return, Cmd+Enter, etc as well. But I did discover that pressing "Y" will choose "Yes" (just pressing the Y key without any shift/options/cmd modifiers). But "Y" only works after you have clicked the dialog box, so it's not a useful key combination since you might as well just click the Yes button. What TxCodeMonkey is saying is correct.
    This would be excellent to have the ability to use the keyboard to select "Yes", as it's done many times in the course of a debugging session.

Regarding v3.22e:
    Yes, v3.22e is un-stable, frequently crashing and exhibiting odd behaviors. There are several bug reports in recent posts in this forum, and members of the SEGGER team has said the bugs are confirmed and they are working to correct them. So we wait patiently, and use earlier versions (3.22b is my favorite, as it only needs to have the fonts fixed by manually entering the font commands in the the project file. v3.10j is good too).
    The worst bug in my opinion is that v3.22e crashes when you re-arrange a window. This is probably what TxCodeMonkey refers to regarding it being un-stable. I've documented this in a bug report in this forum. I can provide more information if you need it.

There are other bugs that make it unstable as well, which I haven't reported. If it would be helpful to provide more evidence that v3.22e is unstable on the macOS, I can do so!
    Images
    • Untitled.jpg

160.39 kB, 1,140×658, viewed 227 times
    • Untitled-2.jpg

158.91 kB, 1,142×624, viewed 234 times
  • Here is another picture that is easier to see.

As well, as far as model boxes, it would be awesome to add a 4th option to the second one here, "No, and do not show again"

As always, thank you. And stability improvements should always be first I would think.

• danngreen wrote:

I can confirm this is the case on Mac OS Big Sur, at least on Ozone v3.22b.
    When the dialog box pops up ("The program file has been modified..."), none of the buttons are highlighted. See the first screen shot attached.

Thanks, I can't remember trying 3.22b recently. I'll give it a shot if I have time today.

The font commands, could you pass those along for me?

Thank you!
  • TxCodeMonkey wrote:

danngreen wrote:

I can confirm this is the case on Mac OS Big Sur, at least on Ozone v3.22b.
    Thanks, I can't remember trying 3.22b recently. I'll give it a shot if I have time today.

The font commands, could you pass those along for me?

Thank you!
    Sure, I just put this into all my project files:

Source Code

1. Edit.Font (FONT_APP, "Menlo, 10pt, Regular");
  • Hello,

Unfortunately the highlighting issue on elf reload is still not reproducible for us.
    Could you provide a short video clip showing the behaviour to make sure that we do not something different when reproducing?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.