Spanish character display (á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Spanish character display (á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ)

Hi,

I tried to display Spanish characters with GUI_Font24B_1 but á is not displayed correctly. How can I display these á, é, í, ó, ú, ü, ñ ¡ ¿ characters?

Here is my code and I checked the font has the characters from the manual.

hItem = TEXT_CreateEx(550, 153, 200, 28, pMsg->hWin, WM_CF_SHOW | WM_CF_MEMDEV, 0, ID_TEXT_3, NULL);
      TEXT_SetFont(hItem, &GUI_Font24B_1);
      TEXT_SetText(hItem, "ABC á¡¿");

And I can't seem to display text like this with TEXT_SetText(hItem, "Temp: 10\xb0C");

Temp: 10°C

Because C can not be combined with \xb0. Does anyone know how to connect code '\xb0' and character 'C'?

Thanks.

The post was edited 2 times, last by CKim ().

• Hi,

The Spanish characters are within the ISO 8859-1 Western Latin character set, which are the characters 0xA0 up until 0xFF. Since the ANSI-C standard doesn't allow characters above 0x7F in the source code, you should rather use hex values for these characters.

You can find a full table of the ISO 8859-1 Western Latin character set in the manual. To display these characters with emWin, add the hexademical value of the character to a string, like so:

C Source Code

1. TEXT_SetText(hItem, "ABC \xe1\xa1\xbf");

For the string "10°C", try to also notate the C as a hex value: TEXT_SetText(hItem, "Temp: 10\xb0\x43");

Best regards,
      Florian