[SOLVED] Jlink commander - don't want to unsecure part every time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Jlink commander - don't want to unsecure part every time

hey,

I'm writing some scripts using the jlink commander interface, but every time I try to do anything, like read a part, it automatically unsecures/erases it. I don't want to do this, I just want the read/verify/whatever to fail instead of erasing the part. so, if my part is already programmed and secured, it just creates extra work for me if I attempt to read and forget that it's locked. is there a way to make it not erase but just attempt the read or whatever and just return whatever garbage happens to come back from a locked part?

if this can't be done with the command-line/commander interface, what way can I talk to parts with the jlink without it automatically erasing if I do a read or whatever? I like the jlink commander interface, so I would prefer to do it with that.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

If I understand you correctly, I assume that this article will most likely help you:
    wiki.segger.com/UM08001_J-Link…#Reset_unlock_message_box

Please note that security/unlock procedures are never generic, but always device specific.
    Therefore it is not possible to give a always working solution without knowing which device your are working with exactly.

If the article does not help, we would require more details about your setup.
    1) Which device are you working with exactly?
    2) Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.