Bitmap Converter NXP: Command line -exit does not work properly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bitmap Converter NXP: Command line -exit does not work properly

When running the bitmap converter from the command line (as a user would via batch file when they have many bitmap files to convert), the message indicating that Bitmap Converter is subject to the NXP End User License is an annoyance. Please implement that popup differently in a later release so that the -exit flag still works.

Thank you.
    • Hi,

You can add the "-hide" command to hide the window of the Bitmap Converter. This also works with the NXP version of Bitmap Converter.

The "-exit" command simply closes the window, instead of hiding it.

Below an example statement:

Source Code

1. BmpCvtNXP.exe logo.bmp -convertintobestpalette -saveaslogo,1 -hide -exit

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thank you for assisting, but I don't get the desired outcome.

Even with the -hide command, for each file, the popup comes up and I have to press "OK" and I then have to exit out of the BmpCvtNXP.

batch file:

@echo off
      setlocal
      for %%f in (bmp\*.bmp) do (
      "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\BmpCvtNXPV610\BmpCvtNXP.exe" %%f -convertintobestpalette -saveas.\c\%%~nf.c",1,5,0 -ARGB -hide -exit
      )

Thanks Again.
      Images
      • popup.png

8.72 kB, 824×138, viewed 394 times
    • Hi,

We have tried reproducing the issue with your command and the 6.10 NXP version of Bitmap Converter, but were not able to reproduce this issue.

Maybe the issue is caused by the image you open in the Bitmap Converter. Can you send me an image to reproduce this issue?

Thanks and best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • I have attached a folder with the batch file, a few bitmaps, and the resultant C files. You can erase the .c files and run the batch file to recreate them. As there are 4 bitmaps in the bmp directory, I'm prompted 4 times with the popup.

Environment
      Windows 10 Enterprise
      Version 20H2

Build 19042.985
      Files
      • BmpCvtTest.7z

(76.21 kB, downloaded 263 times, last: )