[SOLVED] Initiation repeats when connecting to iMXRT1050 by SWD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Initiation repeats when connecting to iMXRT1050 by SWD

Hello nice to meet you all,

I have a J-Link edu mini, which works really well when I use it with official NXP's iMXRT1050-EVKB board.
    So I made my custom board using iMXRT1050 IC and when I connect my J-Link to the board, it keeps on repeating initiation.
    I have searched other forums, but the most similar problem was caused by low VTref(>3.3V).

I have seen case where the connection fails with "cannot connect to target" with InitTarget() start error.
    But it seems that my case is sort of making connection, but not able to make the connection after few tries.

I'm using below pins to connect iMXRT1050 and I'm using short 10pin cable. The same setup doesn't have problem when using iMXRT1050 EVB.

• Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

As this works without issues on the RT1050 board, it is most likely a setup/hardware issue.
    I would suggest, that you revisit your board design.
    There are a lot of possible issues that can cause the connection to fail that are related to the board design (bad signal integrity, wrong pins connected to the debug header,...).

Could you please try to select a lower target interface speed?
    This can help if signal integrity is the culprit.

We would also suggest to update your J-Link Software to the latest version.
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.