[SOLVED] Save dialog when exiting J-Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Save dialog when exiting J-Flash

Is there a setting or command line option to hide the save dialog when exiting J-Flash?

I omit the path name of CurrentFile of the J-Flash configuration file so that the SREC file in the same folder as the J-Flash configuration file will be read when J-Flash is started by double-clicking the J-Flash configuration file, and it works as expected.

However, because of that, whenever I try to quit J-Flash, I get tired of seeing the dialog.

The dialog says "The J-Flash project has been modified. Do You want to save your chainges?".

Heck no. It was J-Flash that changed the relative path to the absolute path without permission. I haven't changed anything, and I don't want it to change.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently, there is no way to prevent this from happening.
    I will raise this as a topic on our next internal meeting and come back to you
    as soon as I have news regarding this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I just ran into this too, very annoying. But I did discover a couple of work-arounds.

1) If the file is in the same directory as the config file, you can edit the config file and specify the filename as c:MyFile.bin (Windows speak for this drive, current directory). That doesn't work as well if you are working on a local drive then want to move to a share drive for production department (as I am doing), but change the drive letter in the file and all is good.

2) Use the command-line and specify the data file name there, this is what I am doing instead. Just put this command in a batch file and all is automated and no worries about file name in the config file (the no space after -openproj and -open is a bit difficult to read, but it works):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink_V720b\JFlash.exe" -openprjMyProj.jflash -openMyFile.bin -auto -exit
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response.

We added this internally.
    For future releases, a relative path in a project file will not be detected as a project file change anymore after loading the project.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

We will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.