[ABANDONED] Program address offset in JFlash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Program address offset in JFlash

I am using the Segger JTrace Pro with TI TM4C1290NCPDT. When I use the Segger JFlash, and open a bin file to program, I am asked to enter a start address. I leave this at 0 and the application programs and runs fine. For this MCU, the application starts at address 0x4000. The bootloader section is at address 0x0. How to differentiate these addresses with the JFlash?

Thanks,
    Priya
    Images
    • Segger.PNG

52.25 kB, 649×883, viewed 187 times

The post was edited 3 times, last by PNAMG: I have attached selecting the bootloader section for the TM4C1290NCPDT part. If this is incorrect, please let me know. I am assuming this is the correct way to select addresses to flash either a bootloader bin or an application bin file. Thanks ().

• Hi Priya,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

I am sorry, but I do not quite understand what you are trying to achieve.
    Could you please explain in more detail?

In general:
    1) .bin files do not contain any address information, so when opening them in J-Flash you have to provide a start address.
    Otherwise, J-Flash cannot know where it is supposed to download the data to.
    2) The screenshot you provided shows that your project currently only allows to flash data to 0x0-0x3FFF.
    To flash data to 0x4000 - ... , you would have to enable the related flash sectors by checking the boxes next to them.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.