[SOLVED] Ozone v3.22e Disassembly "Go To.." jumps back to PC after a fraction of a second

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone v3.22e Disassembly "Go To.." jumps back to PC after a fraction of a second

When Ozone v3.22e is attached to a running program, and the program is paused, the Go To... menu item in the Disassembly window will not work properly. The address you enter in the dialog box will be shown momentarily but then the Disassembly window will jump back to the PC (current instruction). When I say "paused" I mean that you are able to step through code.

This doesn't happen if the program is running and not paused with the debugger attached, or if it's stopped (not running). In those cases, the Go To.. command works as expected.

See video:

I'm using macOS Big Sur, Ozone v3.22e.

thanks
    Dan
  • Hello Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Seems like youtube compression got the better of your video :/
    But if I understand you correctly, the issue is, that when using the GoTo address in disassembly the cursor will only stay there when the debug session is *not* in the halted state. Correct?
    Once halted state is active, the cursor will always jump back to the current PC. Correct?

I tried to reproduce this on windows, but there it seems to be working. I will try to reproduce this on a macbook on Monday when I am at the office again and have access to other Laptops.

Btw, what is the action you use to open the window @ around 5 s? Double click?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • That's odd you see a compressed video, the video is crisp when I play it on youtube, and youtube says the resolution is quite high (2160p60). Perhaps you need to manually select the resolution (click on the gear icon on the youtube video, and select a better resolution)?

The issue is that when using Go To address, the cursor will only stay there when the debug session is halted (when the "power" icon in the toolbar is green), or if the program is running (power icon is red with a "pause" icon next to it). If the debug session is connected but the program is paused (power icon is red, but there's a "play" icon next to it), then the cursor will jump back to PC.

At 0:05s I use the key command Cmd-G to open the Go To window. Sorry I didn't document that. But it doesn't matter if I right-click and select "Go To.." in the drop-down menu, or if I use a key command.

It's a minor bug, but makes the Disassembly view hard to use because you have to restart your program in order to view another section of code, or precisely set a breakpoint in optimized code.
  • Hi,

the compression seems to appear for me for the embedded video only. Strange.
    Anyhow, just gave this a try on a macbook with the M1 chip and the latest big sur version a try and indeed the issue is reproducible.
    We will investigate further and fix the issue.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.