[SOLVED] J-Link - making changes through J-Link Control Panel persistent

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link - making changes through J-Link Control Panel persistent

HI,
    I'm using a J-Link Plus to download a fairly large program that I'm developing. Since I'm developing code and then testing those changes, I'm downloading quite often. The part of the download that takes the longest is the Compare. For the most part I want to skip the compare, since I know I have changed the code, I know it won't compare. I have used the J-Link Control Panel to set the compare to Skip, along with disabling verify, but as soon as I'm done with a debugging session, the settings revert back to the default settings with the compare once again enabled. How do I setup the J-Link to skip the compare and make the setting persistent. I'm using MCUXpresso as my IDE, although I do use Ozone on occasion as well.

My J-Link is using version V11.0 (Apr 13, 2021).

Thanks
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes this is possible by using a J-Link Command string:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Command_Strings#SetCompareMode

How you can use them is also explained in the same article:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Command…ng_J-Link_Command_Strings

I will also mention this in our next internal meeting.
    Maybe we can add an option to enable that some settings are remembered when changed in the control panel.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.