[ABANDONED] Ozone crash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Ozone crash

Operating system is Ubuntu 20.04LTS

The version 3.22e crashes when I open an .elf file, and start trying to debug it (pressing the |> button) crashes it every time.
    It crashes on other events also.

My/Our workaround is using version 2.70a instead.

We have another person on our team, also using Ubuntu 20.04 and Ozone where version 3.22 just works.
    And another who is using Ubuntu 18.04LTS also has crash issues with the latest versions (is using the 2.70a also).
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This inquiry did not appear to be related to the other post so I moved it to a new thread.
    Could you provide your elf file for reproduction? Do you see the same issue on an eval board, if yes, which one?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

Thanks for replying so quickly. Its company IP, so I'm not able to provide the .elf file unfortunately.

Have tested though that a blank STM32Cube project, of the same MCU compiles in linux environment and uploads fine, no problems, Ozone 3.22 seems stable in that condition.

If I can reproduce the issue with something that is not a direct build of company source code, I'll get in contact again.

Best Regards,
  • Hello,

That would be much appreciated.
    Is the crash reproducible reliable with your IP protected application? Or randomly?
    A stripped down version would also be fine for us.
    We just need a way to recreate the crash on a dev PC ideally.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.