[SOLVED] Understanding & customizing the FreeRTOS plugin script..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Understanding & customizing the FreeRTOS plugin script..

First wanted to verify what the FreeRTOSPlugin_CM4 displays for stack Info:

Source Code

1. } else { // stack grows in negative address direction
    2. if (tcb.pxEndOfStack == undefined) {
    3. FreeSpace = tcb.pxTopOfStack - tcb.pxStack;
    4. UsedSpace = undefined;
    5. Size = undefined;
    6. } else {
    7. FreeSpace = tcb.pxTopOfStack - tcb.pxStack;
    8. UsedSpace = tcb.pxEndOfStack - tcb.pxTopOfStack;
    9. Size = FreeSpace + UsedSpace;
    10. }
    11. }
    12. return FreeSpace + " / " + (Size == undefined ? "N/A" : Size);
    Display All
    So if I see <nnnn> / N/A, does this mean <nnn> == Is calculated Free stack space, and N/A for the unknown total stack size .?

And, how can I expand the row with task info columns if I want to? For example, add stack watermark I could possibly add to same column, but what if I want to add another column for each task, how do I do it?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

v01d wrote:

So if I see <nnnn> / N/A, does this mean <nnn> == Is calculated Free stack space, and N/A for the unknown total stack size .?
    Correct.

v01d wrote:

And, how can I expand the row with task info columns if I want to? For example, add stack watermark I could possibly add to same column, but what if I want to add another column for each task, how do I do it?
    This should be explained in the Ozone manual.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Yes, it was bad of me not to check - I found details in the manual , just now need to try make the script changes.

I'm all sorted, adjusted the register reading out per context save from my rtos port !

The post was edited 1 time, last by v01d ().

• Hi,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.