[SOLVED] VCOM does not work after FW update in 7.00

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] VCOM does not work after FW update in 7.00

I recently upgrade my JLink software to v7.00 on my Mac OS 11.2. VCOM output only prints out un-readable characters. My device baud rate is running at 230400. I tried to downgrade the JLink software and force update every time i downgrade. Until v6.92, it starts to work as expected. All the FW update in between does not work. Can you please check it?
  • Hi,

Can you please let us know the model, HW revision and S/N of the unit you are seeing the problem with?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • minchingho wrote:

I'm using a Jlink Pro. HW ver 4.5. S/N 174505067
    My device baud rate is running at 230400.
    Please note that the maximum baud rate supported by the J-Link PRO V4.5 is 115200 baud.
    Prior to version V7.00a there was no internal limit in regard to the baud-rate, however setting baud-rates above 115200 did cause several instabilities (e.g. lockup of the J-Link firmware).
    Therefore we added a maximum baud-rate for the J-Link PRO V4.5 in version V7.00a. Baud-rates above 115200 will be ignored internally.

The maximum supported baud-rates by model are as follows:
    J-Link PRO/ULTRA+ V5: 10.000.000 (10 MBaud)
    J-Link EDU/BASE/PLUS V10: 115.200
    J-Link EDU/BASE/PLUS V11: 115.200
    J-Link PRO/ULTRA+ V4: 115.200

As you can see, the J-Link PRO V5 does support 10 MBaud. This is due to some technical improvements of the V5.
    In case you do not have an J-Link PRO V5 at hand, we would recommend to make use of our trade-in program:
    segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

Could you try to lower the baud-rate of your setup to max 115200 baud and retry?
    Does the behavior improve?

Best regards,
    Daniel
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.