[SOLVED] Template open flash loader

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Template open flash loader

Hello,

I need to develop a ne open flash loader for a STM32h7 controller and a dual flash configuration. The pinout is not standard, so I need to write my own flash loader.
    I started with the template on the Segger wiki, but when I compile this with Segger Embedded Studio, this flash loader does not behave as expected.
    This is what I did
    • Downloaded the CortexM template from the wiki
    • Extracted zip and opened it with Segger Embedded Studio
    • generated a release build, error free
    • modified the JLinkDevice.xml to use the created loader
    • opened JFlashLite and selected the correct type
    • loading a bin file and pressing Program Device
    After that "Connection to Jlink" is visible in the window and then the program crashes
    I also used STM32CubeIDE to try this loader, but there is a similar behavior:
    • Connecting to J-Link...
    • J-Link is connected.
    And after that an error message pop up. (Timeout)

I expected an error message to appear as described in the Trouble Shoot section of the wiki. But it seems that the error is in front of that.

Does anyone else ever tried out the open load template? Does it work?

Second question: Is there an loader template available for STM32CubeIDE and Keil?
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in response and thank you for the inquiry.

Regarding the issue:
    The template is used by a lot of our customers to create Flashloaders.
    It was thoroughly tested and its functionality verified.
    If you have trouble, I would suggest to take a look at the troubleshoot section:
    wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader#Troubleshoot

Regarding the templates:
    We do not provide any Flashloader templates for third party IDEs and there are no plans to add any.
    The Flashloaders are supposed to be generated with Embedded Studio, using the described procedure.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.