[SOLVED] No STM32G03x package?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] No STM32G03x package?

Hi,

I wonder why there is no STM32G03x package available?

What would be the best way to create a project for STM32G030 MCU then and also to import a skeleton created with CubeMX?

My understanding is, the best way is to create a new project and add the source files manually. However, which startup code should be used? The one from Segger ("Cortex_M_Startup.s") or the one from STM ("startup_stm32g030xx.s")? Which settings need to be adjusted (heap size, stack size, CPU specific etc.)?

Thanks & regards
    Markus
  • Hello Markus,

mmabln wrote:

I wonder why there is no STM32G03x package available?
    Because it was not requested yet by users/customers.
    As every ES CPU support packages needs to be created and tested manually by our team we try to focus on requested and popular chip series first.
    We will add the STM32G03x package to our package wishlist now.
    To get a notification when it is available you can subscribe here:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=196

mmabln wrote:

What would be the best way to create a project for STM32G030 MCU then and also to import a skeleton created with CubeMX?
    We recommend to create a CubeIDE project and import it in Embedded Studio via our importer File->Import Project...->Import Eclipse Project...
    This should work out of the box for most CubeMX project setups.

mmabln wrote:

My understanding is, the best way is to create a new project and add the source files manually. However, which startup code should be used? The one from Segger ("Cortex_M_Startup.s") or the one from STM ("startup_stm32g030xx.s")? Which settings need to be adjusted (heap size, stack size, CPU specific etc.)?
    We recommend to use the Cortex_M_Startup.s so you can use the features from our toolchain e.g. SEGGER Linker.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.