[SOLVED] SystemView could not be started

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView could not be started

Hi,
    I am using Ubuntu LTS 20.04 with KDE neon.
    I installed SystemView and it would find the libqtcore.so.4 and libqtgui.so.4.
    I then copied them over from ozone install and now I have this issue when I fire SystemView.

SystemView: symbol lookup error: SystemView: undefined symbol: _ZN12QApplication13setMainWidgetEP7QWidget

I looked at the thread here:
    [SOLVED] Systemview-Installation fails on Linux

but I did not find a solution in the end.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
    AQ
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please try to install the latest version of SystemView?
    The required libs should be part of the package since V3.12.

You can find the latest version here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#SystemView

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Please understand that we can't provide support for third party implementations.
    All needed information that you need to instrument your RTOS can be found in the SystemView manual.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Is something not explained in the manual?
    With SystemView we also ship 4 different RTOS configs which you can used for reference.
    The same manual was also used to instrument our own RTOS embOS. So all information needed to do this can be found in that manual. There is no secret knowledge here.

Generally an instrumentation that worked with SystemView V2 should work with V3.
    In your case the crash seems to happen on the target side.

When the crash happens on the target, the host version of SystemView will not really matter.
    We recommend you to analyze why the crash happens in your system.
    If it crashes in ChibiOS sources we recommend to contact the ChibiOS support channels.
    If it crashes in SystemView sources, feel free to contact us via our support channel as described in my signature with the corresponding reproduction steps.

Best regards,
    Nino