[ABANDONED] 3.22e is unfortunately unstable is would appear

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] 3.22e is unfortunately unstable is would appear

[img]blob:https://forum.segger.com/86a8e9e6-1cd2-4bf2-b69a-6c763e801a0c[/img]

Sorry, premature send.

Got this yesterday, and at start up, on my MacBook Pro it spins for up to a minute with the busy cursor. You can start commands, but it will often crash.

As well, it moved around panes from my config, but when you try to move around thew panes it will crash.

I love many of the features in Ozone, but this release appears to be very unstabel

Target -> STM32F0405R
    MaxOS 10.15.07
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

It seems like something went wrong with the image upload.
    Could you please re-upload the image?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Fabian,

I re-downloaded the image and opened up the package, still l the same thing. I was running 10.15, and now 11.2 and the exact same thing with both the old image and freshly downloaded today.

I really love your products, some of these stability things does cause the people I work with to raise their eyebrows though.
  • Hello,

Such an issue is not know to us.
    Could you provide the image/picture from your opening thread? The link you provided does not work. That is what Fabian meant with "image".

I just gave 10.15.7 a try and Ozone was working as expected.
    Could you provide reproduction steps for the described issue?
    If Ozone created any crash dumps, could you attach them?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Nino,

Further, got rid of the code profile window [first disabled some of the code profile options] and the very long ELF load time, which appears to have gone away.

Are there any plans to make that more effecient, or keep in completely in the background with the Code Profile window gr[a|e]y while loading?

many thanks,
    thomas
  • Hello,

We still got no reproducer from you. Could you provide setup information and an example project witch which this issue would be reproducible for us?
    Without a way to reproduce what you are seeing we can not investigate further.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Nino,

Sorry, to reiterate what I wrote above with a little more detail.

Host: 2020 MBP with 16G RAM.
    Device: STM32F405
    Code: > 200kB of FLASH, and 30 or 35 C files.

At Ozone startup/locading the elf, it scans, or loading the code profile. That scanning takes a long time, 10+ seconds. During that scanning mouse events don't always get handled correctly. Once the code profile is loaded, all is good.

I managed to disable the loading of the code profile when an ELF image is loaded, and Ozone behaves as expected.
  • Hello,

Thank you for explanation.
    Is this reproducible on an eval board?
    If yes, could you provide the elf file for reproduction and name which eval board was used?

Best regards,
    Nino