[SOLVED] How to switch the dormant operation mode from JTAG to SWD in JLINK Commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to switch the dormant operation mode from JTAG to SWD in JLINK Commander

hello

My chip can't switch from JTAG to SWD by using the SWD command of j-link commander v6.98c. The reason is that the chip only supports the mode of dormant operation (Figure B5-4), but doesn't support the mode of 0x79e7 (Figure B5-1). Doesn't JLINK support the mode of dormant now? Or how can I use JLINK to switch my chip from JTAG to SWD。

thank you

appendix
    1. Switching method of b5-1 mode

2. Switching method of B5-4 mode

The above screenshot is from the file:debug_interface_v6_0_architecture_specification_IHI0074C.pdf
  • Hello,

So far, your chip seems to be the only one out there that does not support the traditional JTAG / SWD selection sequences.
    We do not have seen any other request reg. this in the last couple of years since we support SWD.
    There are currently no plans to add the

Source Code

1. JTAG -> dormant -> activation sequence -> SWD
    sequence within the next 6-12 months, as this makes the connection sequence for *all* other devices slower because J-Link does not know if it is talking to a device that needs this or supports this new special sequences at all.
    You can implement it on your own by implementing your own InitTarget() in a J-Link script file.
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files
    Please note that any script file writing is beyond of any support. Be is directly by SEGGER or via this forum.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Alex wrote:

Hello,

So far, your chip seems to be the only one out there that does not support the traditional JTAG / SWD selection sequences.
    We do not have seen any other request reg. this in the last couple of years since we support SWD.
    There are currently no plans to add the

Source Code

1. JTAG -> dormant -> activation sequence -> SWD
    sequence within the next 6-12 months, as this makes the connection sequence for *all* other devices slower because J-Link does not know if it is talking to a device that needs this or supports this new special sequences at all.
    You can implement it on your own by implementing your own InitTarget() in a J-Link script file.
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files
    Please note that any script file writing is beyond of any support. Be is directly by SEGGER or via this forum.

Hello Alex

1. Thank you
    2. We are developing the cortex-m55 chip, which does not support the traditional JTAG / SWD selection sequences, so it must be achieved through dormant switching
    3. After the cortex-m55 chip appears on the market in the future, this dormant switching problem should be exposed
    4. At present, only the cortex-m55 needs to be switched in the dormant way, other chips can keep the old way, that is, when the user chooses the cortex-m55 core chip, the dormant method is used to switch, and the traditional method is good for other core chips.

I use the script to achieve my needs, thanks again