[ABANDONED] Sum of CPU loads does not match with Idle %

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Sum of CPU loads does not match with Idle %

Hi,

I am using SystemView on my project and it seems to work well as the execution times and periodic events match with what I expected.
    There is one thing that I do not understand is that the Idle % does not match with (100% - Sum of CPU load %). -> Picture1
    I count 13,08% of CPU load so I expect to have 86,92% Idle but I got 96,19% ? Am I wrong ?

Another things I noticed :
    -While recording, "Idle %" is not steady, even after several seconds. I think the value in the column "CPU Load" is average for the recording duration, am I wrong ?
    -The timestamped thread say very often "Idle For xxx ms" (where xxx is several hundreds of milliseconds) but in the timeline, I do not find this kind of time. Idle time seems to be always between 0 and 1ms (And it is what I expect as my Systick is 1ms) -> I attached an example of this issue (Picture2)

I am using :
    -SystemView v3.10
    -uCOS-II V2.92.16
    -J-Link Ultra+ 4.4

Thanks for your help

Picture1

Picture2

The post was edited 1 time, last by LucasJ ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Could you give the latest SystemView version a try? There has been a fix for high load application recordings.
    Does the display improve?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.