[SOLVED] 20-pin ribbon cable usage with J-Link EDU Mini?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] 20-pin ribbon cable usage with J-Link EDU Mini?

For my R/C modelling hobby, I purchased a J-Link EDU Mini. It came with a 10-pin and a 20-pin ribbon cable. The mini-debugger works fine via the 9-pin/10-pin cable, but I am just curious about the included 20-pin ribbon cable and wanted to verify if I am on the right track about it:

a) I assume, the 20-pin cable is included for compatibility purposes to work with boards that use "big" 20-pin 0.05" Cortex Debug + ETM Connector (Samtec FTSH-110-01)?
    E.g. if there is a board with ETM (usable only with J-Trace Pro naturally), I could connect EDU Mini onto it as well, and connect via SWD?

b) By looking at www2.keil.com/coresight/coresight-connectors, I gather that the correct way to plug the 20-pin ribbon cable onto J-LINK EDU mini is to match pin1, where the pins 11 to 20 remain unconnected?

Thank you!
  • Hi,

to a) Correct
    to b) Correct
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.