Emwin GUI_Exec blocks serial Interrupt

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Emwin GUI_Exec blocks serial Interrupt

Hello,

I am using iMXRT1064 controller and NXP and Emwin library 5.48. I am using bare metal system i.e. no RTOS. GUI_Exec() is called continuously in super loop while(1). The device communicates with another system through serial communication and I have used interrupts for receiving the serial data. It is observed that when bytes are received in serial interrupt and if at the same time GUI_Exec is called then it seems to block the interrupt and bytes are missed. Is this expected?

The window contains antialiased arcs and initializes the memdev for rotating a bitmap and memdev draw for displaying the rotated image is also called from PAINT of the window.

The serial interrupt seems to block and this generally happens when i create or delete the window with lots of widgets , if any intensive tasks such as scrolling text in multiedit.

So does the Emwin GUI_Exec() function block interrupts from the controller?

Thanks
      Regards,
      Anuj

The post was edited 2 times, last by anuj.tanksali ().