[SOLVED] Change project to external toolchain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Change project to external toolchain

Hello,

I would like to change the settings of an existing project to use an external toolchain (GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain - 10 2020-q4-major). I found this link but don't want to create a new project. Is there any "easy" way for this?

Thanks and best regards
    Christoph
  • Hello Christoph,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can create a new project within your current solution.
    Simply go to File->New Project->Add the project to the current solution
    From then on it should be just like the Wiki article.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

thanks for your answer. Yes, I've seen that I can create a new project in the current solution, but I want to change the settings of an existing project without creating a new one. Is this not possible within SES???
  • Hi,

you can of course create also a new build config in your current project and set up the external toolchain.
    For example Debug_External.
    Next set the project option Build->Project Type->Externally Build Executable

Now you need to set up your tool chain path, and the corresponding compiler, assembler and linker command line options.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.