[SOLVED] SystemView: total CPU load over 100%

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView: total CPU load over 100%

Good day,

I checked the forum for similar topics, but no answer was found. So I reopen it.

I came across the fact that when analyzing the operation of the system, the total load is more than 100%.There are only three processes in the project: main, devices and data processing (process).

How can you replace the load in the screenshot below is determined incorrectly. I assume that the idle time is the one miscalculated, because the data processing time coincides with my measurements (using 2methods: displayed the duration on the GPIO and using a DWT counter):

I attach the recording file: cpu_load_over100.SVDat

FreeRTOS version is 10.4.0.
    Patch applied manually.
    Systemview setting is standard.
    FreeROTS config: FreeRTOSConfig.zip

The post was edited 2 times, last by CheMax ().

• Hello Max,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Most likely the FreeRTOS configuration is not correct. Unfortunately FreeRTOS did not stay backwards compatible. The patch file we provide will only work with V10.0.0. Even V10.0.1 already needs another patch file...
    I found the following similar thread that shows a similar issue:
    [SOLVED] idle task with unrealistic high CPU load

Does this solution work for you as well?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello, Nino

Yes, I made those changes right away. Without them, I got a compilation error.

But thanks for the link to the thread, I probably missed it when searching. She gave me a couple of thoughts, I want to check them. I'll supplement the answer a little later.