[SOLVED] Support for Jlink on St-Link STM32H745I-DISCO board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Support for Jlink on St-Link STM32H745I-DISCO board

Hi,

i recently bought an STM32H745I Discovery board to test the STM32H7 dual core uc.
    I now wonder if the ST-Link on this borad could also be used with the J-Link firmware. According to this site: segger.com/products/debug-prob…j-links/st-link-on-board/ the stm32h7 disco board is not supported yet.
    I tought the ST-Link might be not that different from the the one on the other discovery boards so it might work out of the box.

Does someone tried it already ? Is it planned to support this board too from SEGGER ?

Best,
    Hans
  • hrb wrote:

I tought the ST-Link might be not that different from the the one on the other discovery boards so it might work out of the box.
    Let me say it this way: Your assumption is wrong.
    This board implements an ST-LINK V3 which is fundamentally different to the V1 and V2 ones.
    It is more or less a complete redesign of ST-LINK.
    If you search this forum, you will find multiple threads where we say that we do not support the ST-LINK V3 and that there are no actual plans to do so.
    This is mainly because it would mean for SEGGER:
    Lots of work to reverse engineer ST-LINK V3 (which is by the way violating the ST license) as well as 0 revenue, only cost + support.
    ST is not behind a J-Link firmware for ST-LINK V3, so we are not getting any information how to develop one, nor any exposure on their website etc.

BR
    Alex