[SOLVED] Support for Jlink on St-Link STM32H745I-DISCO board

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Support for Jlink on St-Link STM32H745I-DISCO board

Hi,

i recently bought an STM32H745I Discovery board to test the STM32H7 dual core uc.
    I now wonder if the ST-Link on this borad could also be used with the J-Link firmware. According to this site: segger.com/products/debug-prob…j-links/st-link-on-board/ the stm32h7 disco board is not supported yet.
    I tought the ST-Link might be not that different from the the one on the other discovery boards so it might work out of the box.

Does someone tried it already ? Is it planned to support this board too from SEGGER ?

Best,
    Hans
  • hrb wrote:

I tought the ST-Link might be not that different from the the one on the other discovery boards so it might work out of the box.
    Let me say it this way: Your assumption is wrong.
    This board implements an ST-LINK V3 which is fundamentally different to the V1 and V2 ones.
    It is more or less a complete redesign of ST-LINK.
    If you search this forum, you will find multiple threads where we say that we do not support the ST-LINK V3 and that there are no actual plans to do so.
    This is mainly because it would mean for SEGGER:
    Lots of work to reverse engineer ST-LINK V3 (which is by the way violating the ST license) as well as 0 revenue, only cost + support.
    ST is not behind a J-Link firmware for ST-LINK V3, so we are not getting any information how to develop one, nor any exposure on their website etc.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.