[SOLVED] J-Link EDU Mini not working with nRF Connect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link EDU Mini not working with nRF Connect

I have already asked this question in the Nordic forum, but perhaps some firmware changes in the J-Link can cause this?
    My custom Nord nRF9160 board (3.3v) does not communicate with nRF Connect Programmer.
    "Unsupported device. The detected device could not be recognized as neither JLink device nor Nordic USB device."
    I also tried the modem firmware python script from Nordic, and it does not find any programmers with api.get_connected_probes().
    I use a J-Link EDU Mini over SWD, latest firmware (18 feb 2021). When I use nrfjprog (version 10.12.1, JLinkARM.dll version 6.98b) or J-Flash Lite, it erases, programs and verifies without problems - so I would assume connections, levels, etc. are correct. I'm on Windows 7 and device manager shows only one instance, under Universal Serial Bus controllers->J-Link driver. It uses JLinkx64.sys driver 2.70h and under Manufacturer it says Segger. This was bought at Farnell so it's genuine. I don't have any under Portable devices or Ports (COM).

I've searched the forums and tried some of the proposed solutions without luck.
    Any suggestions?
  • Hi,

Wrong forum.
    J-Flash Lite:
    SEGGER product. Seems to work fine.

nrfjprog:
    NordicSemi product. Seems to work fine.

nRF Connect Programmer:
    NordicSemi(?) product. Does not work.
    Problem inside this software, not J-Link.
    No support provided by SEGGER because it is not a SEGGER product.
    You better seek the Nordic forum for an answer reg. this.
    My guess: They have some kind of J-Link S/N filter in this tool and this filter does not cover the EDU Mini.

We will consider this thread as closed.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.